SIDIOUS “Revealed in Profane Splendour”
When SIDIOUS released their debut EP, “Ascension to the Throne Ov Self“, back in 2013, they took the unsuspecting underground by storm, gathering rave reviews from all over the planet (“Fucking Gigantic!” said METAL SUCKS, ie). One year and half later, they’re back with a revamped line-up and brilliant debut full-length, “Revealed in Profane Splendour“.
Teaming once again with world-class producer Russ RUSSELL (DIMMU BORGIR, NAPALM DEATH, LOCK UP…), SIDIOUS spent a full year writing and recording their debut with the new line-up (Isfeth on bth guitars and, replacing Void, vocals and Khrudd on drums, replacing Fahim). The result is seven new tracks, each containing as much punishingly fast and brutal Blackened Death Metal as dark, orchestral and fascinatingly splendid parts of magnificent grandeur, hammering harder the bold statement of the perfect balance between heaviness, brutality and, at times, melancholic and, at others, ritualistic atmospheres that was their debut EP, strengthening their style, sharpening their weapons, adding to today’s “Orchestral Extreme Metal” a very personal and modern riffing and brutal yet superb song-crafting.
A monument to be … Revealed in Profane Splendour!
- Sacrilegious Majesty
- Inexorable Revelation
- Revealed in Profane Splendour
- Annihilation Ov Abhorrent Credence
- Obscenity Ov Old
- Infernal Reign
- O Paragon, Bringer Ov Light
- Total running time: 36:02
- Isfeth – Guitars & Vocals
- Indomitus – Guitars
- Baalrath – Bass
- Khrudd – Drums
- 1000 copies limited edition DigiSleeve CD first print [TOX041CDLE]
- Digital [TOX041D]
- 03-NOV-14 [Digi-CD & Digital]
- All music and lyrics by SIDIOUS
- Produced by Russ RUSSELL at PARLOUR studio
- Artwork by Giannis NAKOS for REMEDY ART DESIGN
- Executive producer: Nicolas WILLIART for XENOKORP
- Reproduced with kind permission of ALIEN FORCES publishing