SAVAGE ANNIHILATION “Quand s’abaisse la croix du blasphème”
Often mistakenly taken for the orthodox Death Metal band they can seem to sound like if not really paying attention to what they create, SAVAGE ANNIHILATION are a unique band pushing the envelope of their old-school influences to embark the listener into a world of their very own.
Lyrically, it’s gross. It’s crude. It’s raw. It’s dismembered and grotesque. Musically, it’s brutal. It’s heavy. It’s violent… but there’s far more than what the rotten eye can see: SAVAGE ANNIHILATION’s creations are all part of a global concept and it’s all about hopelessness and desperation.
Started fifteen years ago, the band took ten years to shape, define, re-define and re-shape their unique artistic approach and release their debut, “Cannibalisme, hérésie et autres sauvageries” (2012) and it took them five more years to come with the sequel, “Quand s’abaisse la croix du blasphème“, going even further into their post-apocalyptic visions of a world beyond doomed.
Following the path started with its predecessor, the new album is total nihilism, pure heresy and blasphemy, gore beyond gore ; savage, annihilating but it’s first and foremost an artistic, conceptual story where salvation doesn’t exist.
Fewer yet longer songs, all connected one to the other make “Quand s’abaisse la croix du blasphème” a tough listen, an oppressing experience and a challenge somehow, and when you think you will finally see the light at the end of the tunnel when you reach the last track of this nightmarish journey into gruesome horror (and few will be strong enough to survive such an unsustainable nauseating bad trip!), “Le tombeau de l’atrocité” featuring international opera singer Claire Motté again (she was already a guest on their debut), you’ll soon discover this beautiful moment of sublime grace is in fact the last spark of life into your eye before you die.
Welcome to your most fascinating nightmare.
- Part of the best November 2017 albums [La Grosse Radio]
- “One of the best Death Metal releases of the year” [Slovak Metal Army]
- “Bloody barbarism [with] added depth and content” [Wonderbox Metal]
- “[for] all those in search of the next adrenaline rush” [Dead Rhetoric]
- “Great stuff!” [Voices from the Darkside]
- 12.5/10 (!) at From Beyond Metal…
- 10/10 at Slovak Metal Army…
- 9.5/10 at Drunk in a Graveyard…
- 9.2/10 at Metal Archives…
- 9/10 at Anteverse, Blessed Altar, Heavy Sound, Metal France…
- 8.5/10 at Aux Portes du Metal…
- 8.4/10 at World of Metal…
- 8/10 at La Grosse Radio, Metal Brothers, Nightfall, Soil Chronicles, Thrashocore, True Bringer of Death, United Rock Nations…
- 7.5/10 at Légion Underground, Necromance…
- XKR007CDLE – 500 hand-numbered copies DigiPak CD first print
- XKR007LPLE – 300 hand-numbered copies 12″ LP first print
- XKR007D – Digital
- 14-AUG-2017 – Preorders at XenoKorp.com
- 13-OCT-2017 – Worldwide release
- Dévorante dégénérescence anthropophage
- Par-delà les dunes de cadavres
- Quand s’abaisse la croix du blasphème
- Organe après organe
- Le tombeau de l’atrocité
- When the Slayer Bangs His Head *
- Total Running Time : 33:36 (CD & Digital) / 37:15 (LP)
- * : exclusive vinyl bonus track
- Special guest vocals :
- Déhà on “Quand s’abaisse la croix du blasphème“
- Claire Motté and Dum’s on “Par-delà les dunes de cadavres“
- Claire Motté on “Le tombeau de l’atrocité“
- Sybille Colin-Tocquaine and Dum’s on “When the Slayer Bangs His Head“
- David “Dave” Chaigne – Guitars & Vocals
- Benoît “Crawling B-Low” Jean – Bass
- Mickael “Mike Savage” Chaigne – Drums
- All music and lyrics by SAVAGE ANNIHILATION
- Mixed and mastered by HK at VAMACARA studio
- Artwork and layout by Poups for UNDEAD KREATION
- Executive producer: Nicolas Williart for XENOKORP records
- Reproduced with kind permission of ALIEN FORCES publishing