MORTUARY “The Autophagous Reign”
Humanity has reached a tipping point. For centuries, Mankind has devoured, ingested and dejected the living until it made its own specie enter its final stage with the sixth mass extinction. A total failure of a capitalistic system feeding on resources that can’t be renewed. The ruling few on top of the food chain enslaving the 99%. The destruction of bio-diversity in favor of the industrialized mass destruction. It’s the end of times. Man now devours man ethically and societaly as anthropocene starts to rage. Welcome to our ecological and societal suicide. All hail the Anthropophagous Reign!
Recorded, mixed and mastered at world-famous HERTZ studio (BEHEMOTH, VADER, DECAPITATED…) and with artwork by reknown artist Lukasz JASZAK (EMPEROR, BLOOD RED THRONE, VOMITORY…), the album is a frantic, blazing and raging scream of despair and hate towards Humanity and its ways.
Featuring eleven relentless and intense Thrash / Death anthems, this new album, while focused, nevertheless showcases the band’s songwriting versatility, from face-ripping Thrashing tornados like opening iron storm “Delete / Replace” or “Cheptel” that don’t even clock in two minutes, to gigantic wrecking balls like songs “Monuments” or “Memorial in vivo” that go beyond seven minutes.
Celebrating the band’s 30th anniversary, the limited edition DigiPak CD first print features not less than three bonus tracks, all brand new recordings of songs from MORTUARY‘s demo days. A “Mailorder Collector Edition”, exclusive to the band and label, even adds a bonus CD featuring eight exclusive preproduction versions of tracks from the album.
A Thrash / Death feast to say the least!
- Delete / Replace
- The Sapiens Order
- A Curse in Disguise
- Dominate Modus Operandi
- Onwards to the Terminus
- Memorial in Vivo
- Under the Cross*
- Drowned into the Unreal*
- Mummified for Eternity*
- Total Running Time: 46:37 / 62:55*
* 500 copies limited edition DigiPak CD first print bonus tracks
- Track 12 is a re-recording from the “Rejected by Death…” 1989 demo.
- Track 13 is a re-recording from the “In Harmony with Brutality” 1992 demo
- Track 14 is a re-recording from the “The Mortified Faces” 1994 demo
- “Mailorder Collector Edition” adds a download card for preproduction versions of tracks 1-11
“The Autophagous Reign Preproductions” Mailorder Collector Edition Bonus CD
- The Sapiens Order [preproduction version]
- Dominate Modus Operandi [preproduction version]
- Disposable [preproduction version]
- Eternal [preproduction version]
- Onwards to the Terminus [preproduction version]
- Recycled [preproduction version]
- Cheptel [preproduction version]
- Monuments [preproduction version]
- Total Running Time: 34:14
- Patrick GERMONVILLE – Vocals
- Alexis BAUDIN – Guitars
- Bastien LEGRAS – Guitars
- Jean-Noël VERBECQ – Bass
- Johann VOIRIN – Drums
- 500 copies limited edition DigiPak CD first print with three bonus tracks [XKR025CDLE]
- 100 of the above as “Mailorder Collector Edition” adding an exclusive bonus CD featuring ieght songs of the album as preproduction versions [XKR025CDMCE]
- Digital [XKR025D]
- 08.NOV.2019 – DigiPak CD, DigiPak CD “Mailorder Collector Edition” with bonus CD, Digital
- All music and lyrics by MORTUARY
- Engineered, mixed and mastered by Wojtek and Slawek WIESLAWSKI at HERTZ studio
- Produced by MORTUARY
- Preproduction versions mastered by Geoffroy LAGRANGE at PARADISE studio
- Artwork and layout by Lukasz JASZAK
- Pictures by Davy LETZIEN
- Executive producer: Nicolas WILLIART for XENOKORP
- Reproduced with kind permission of ALIEN FORCES publishing