MITHRIDATIC “Tétanos Mystique”
Titled after a book by French writer Roger GILBERT-LECOMTE who used to willingly infect himself with Tetanus in order to dive into delirious mystical crises and based on books by infamous and controversial French writer Louis-Ferdinand CELINE or German-American writer Charles BUKOWSKI, produced, like its predecessor, by Francis CASTE (SINSANEUM, ARKHON INFAUSTUS, DEHUMAN…), “Tétanos Mystique”, the new MITHRIDATIC album, is the logical step further for the band and it has way more to offer than meets the eye.
Even though it could, like “Miserable Miracle”, the band’s debut, mistakenly be taken for an archetypal orthodox Blackened Death Metal album, it’s a curveball, it’s at odds with any simple and simplistic overview and conception. It’s way darker than any of your “Praise Satan” or “Fuck my corpse” things, it’s more technical than most of your tech-Death wankery (Kevin PARADIS himself says he’s recorded the most technical blast-beat he ever put on tape, for “Tétanos Mystique”, even though he’s now a permanent member of such acts aas BENIGHTED or AGRESSOR…): it’s a one way dive into dis-ease, mental illness, discomfort, psychological torment ; away from whatever is “fitting” or “being healthy”. It’s, musically and lyrically, one of those rare pieces of art you should take with caution for if immerging yourself too deep into it, you’d really be at risk, mentally-wise.
With a razor-sharp playing and with an intense, surgical yet bestial production, “Tétanos Mystique” is vicious, perverse, sick and sickening, wicked and wickening. It’s a bottomless abyssal spiral to the most unfitting, darkest, most twisted and most sociopathic of what man has in itself. It’s mesmerizing and nauseating. It’s disgust and scorn towards everything “society” and “wellness”. Subtile, nevertheless, and with a fetish for infectious riffing and memorable songs, it never walks the easy path that plagues Extreme Metal those days, it’s mental corruption and aura corrosion embodied.
Bow to your new mayhemic Lords of All Fevers and Plague!
- God’s Blindspot
- The Dead Mountain of Life
- Lotophagus (Lotus Eaters’ Dream)
- Le sevrage
- The Night Torn from Herself
- Toothless Bite
- Phosphènes aura
- Tétanos mystique
- Total Running Time: 39:43
- Guitou – Vocals
- Alexandre BROSSE – Guitars
- Romain SANCHEZ – Guitars
- Remolow – Bass
- Kevin PARADIS – Drums
- 500 copies limited edition DigiPak CD first print [XKR024CDLE]
- 100 of the above as “Mailorder Collector Edition” bundled with a bonus cardboard CD version of the band’s 2018 live album, “He Who Lies Underneath” [XKR024CDMCE]
- Digital [XKR024D]
- 13-Sep-2019: DigiPak CD, “Mailorder Collector Edition” & Digital
- All music and lyrics by MITHRIDATIC
- Drums recorded by Kevin PARADIS
- Bass, guitars and vocals recorded by Ludovic DUPONT at DLM studio
- Mixed and mastered by Francis CASTE at SAINTE-MARTHE studio
- Produced by MITHRIDATIC
- Artwork by Florian DEVILLE
- Layout by MITHRIDATIC
- Pictures by ICONOGONE
- Executive producer: Nicolas WILLIART for XENOKORP
- Reproduced with kind permission of ALIEN FORCES publishing