PUTRID OFFAL “Anatomy”
Slashing, cutting, twisting and dissecting, the blood-soaked rotten-bowels-addicts of PUTRID OFFAL, the seminal and genuine veterans of Death / Grind from France established in 1991, are back with even more gore after the release of their critically-acclaimed and successful debut full-length, “Mature Necropsy“, in 2015.
After two years spent harvesting blood all around the European festivals’ stages and back from their late 2016 European tour with fellow French legends MERCYLESS, the new PUTRID OFFAL EP, “Anatomy“, not only celebrates the band’s gig at this year’s HELLFEST, but also marks the first time they unveil, among other gory goodies, material that’s been written by the whole line-up as of today, including drummer Laye Louhenapessy (also of DEHUMAN).
Featuring two brand new tracks (“Anatomy” and “Didactic Exploration”), two re-recordings of “Mature Necropsy” songs still with Stéphane Buriez of LOUDBLAST as guest vocalist, but also with Laye martyrizing the drumkit in spite of the album’s drum-machine (“Rotted Flesh” and “Gurgling Prey“) and two live tracks (“Requiem for a Corpse” and “Purulent Cold“, the former being a brand new, previously unreleased, song), “Anatomy” is the proof that PUTRID OFFAL is a powerful, unstoppable and totally renewed force, not only back with an update of their early 90’s back-catalogue as showcased on “Mature Necropsy“, but also with brand new, crushing and merciless, material which brutally translates into sharp surgical tools both in the studio and live.
Let There Be Rot!
- “An obvious pick for any fan of the genre.” [Archaic Triad]
- “Fervently recommended” [Necromance]
- “A delight for every pathologist” [Raben Report]
- “Ein sehr geiles Lebenszeichen der französische Legende” [Possessed]
- 8.5/10 at Anteverse
- 8/10 at Broken Tomb, French Metal, Raben Report, Thrashocore, United Rock Nations
- XKR003CDM – 500 hand-numbered copies limited edition DigiPak CD 
- XKR003D – Digital 
- Aug.04, 2017 – Worldwide release
- Didactic Exploration
- Rotted Flesh [2017 re-recording]
- Gurgling Prey [2017 re-recording]
- Requiem for a Corpse [live]
- Purulent Cold [live]
- Total Running Time: 16:21
- Franck Peiffer – Vocals
- Philippe Reinhalter – Guitars
- Frédéric Houriez – Bass & Backing Vocals
- Laye Louhenapessy – Drums
- All music and lyrics by PUTRID OFFAL
- Recorded by Philippe Reinhalter at PSYKRON studio
- Live tracks recorded by Benoit Moritz at UNIDEATH Fest in Roselaere, Belgium, on May 23rd, 2015 [first PUTRID OFFAL gig in 20 years]
- Guest vocals on tracks 3 & 4 by Stéphane Buriez of LOUDBLAST
- Mixed by Philippe Reinhalter at PSYKRON studio
- Mastered by Frédéric Motte at CONKRETE studio
- Artwork and layout by Philippe Reinhalter
- Executive Producer : Nicolas Williart for XENOKORP
- Reproduced with kind permission of LES EDITIONS HURLANTES