INSAIN “Enlightening the Unknown”
The heavier a star, the faster its demise, the darker its ending. These are the basics of astrophysics and INSAIN‘s debut full-length, “Spiritual Rebirth“, was such an over-the-top release in all aspects -production, artwork, brutality, catchiness, musicianship…- it should have been a sign that such an intensity couldn’t last for long before turning into its counterpart from the dark side: a super-massive black hole and that’s all what “Enlightening the Unknown“, the band’s legacy, is.
No rest for the dead: INSAIN are no more but their legacy will live forever with this new and last release which also marks a step forward for a band that was already head and shoulder above the pack with only a full-length out.
Produced at the 16th CELLAR studio (HOUR OF PENANCE, FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE…), “Enlightening the Unknown” adds to the band’s brutal basis a denser dose of black matter transforming the laws of gravity into a singularity distorting time and space and attracting everything around bringing all that is darkness to a stellar chaos with the addition of fascinating new solos and captivating dark melodies, a new bass player, Bono (SAVAGE ANNIHILATION…), bringing the lower end of the sound spectrum to a whole new level of brutality and musicianship and even an intro and special guest vocals by Daniel NEAGOE (SHAPE OF DESPAIR, UNFATHOMABLE RUINATION…).
Beware, Death Metal fans: your Universe features a new deadlier spot on the map, way beyond the stellar remnants!
- Abyssum Invocatis
- The Faceless One
- Beyond Stellar Remnants
- The Scourge
- Enlightening the Unknown
- Total running time: 24:25
- Louis Lafitte – Vocals
- David Schonbackler – Guitars
- Nicolas Becuwe – Guitars
- Benoit “Bono” Jean – Bass
- Jonathan “Sangli” Juré – Drums
- 1000 copies limited edition DigiSleeve CD [TOX033CDM]
- Digital [TOX033D]
- 11-MAR-14 [CD & Digital]
- All music and lyrics by INSAIN except “Abyssus Invocatis” by Daniel NEAGOE
- Guest vocals on “Enlightening the Unknown” by Daniel NEAGOE
- Produced by Stefano MORABITO at 16th CELLAR Studio
- Artwork by Rémy COOPER for HEADSPLIT Design
- Layout by David SCHONBACKLER and Nicolas WILLIART
- Executive Producer: Nicolas WILLIART for XENOKORP
- Reproduced with kind permission of ALIEN FORCES Publishing