AD PATRES “A Brief Introduction to Human Experiments”
Away from all trends, AD PATRES continues with “A Brief Introduction to Human Experiments”, the path started with their critically-acclaimed debut, “Scorn Aesthetics” : the glorious Death Metal path on which brutality and technique are used as means, not as aims.
Much more aggressive than redundant Slam Death, way more direct and uncompromising than boring Tech Death and without an ounce of the regressive nostalgia of the “Old-School”, AD PATRES creates the perfect balance between musicianship and heaviness, topping it with lyrics delving deep into the human mind’s darkest recesses.
As such, “A Brief Introduction to Human Experiments” makes a somber parallel between psychology and religion, blurring the thin line between those two mind-manipulation “schools” clearly showing psychology is the new Christianity and psychanalysts the new inquisitors of the “right way of thinking” through a relentless, pure Death Metal, album that dissects both (religion and psychology), like twisting the brain in a split wide open skull.
Not recommended for the faint of heart, this is French Haute Suture.
- 8/10 from Legacy…
- 7.7/10 from Metal Eyes…
…more coming soon
- Shock Therapy
- Mechanical Enlightenment
- The Disappearance of I
- Led by Flesh
- Verses Void
- Enclosing Terror
- The Floating Point
- Total Running Time: 34:13
- Axel DOUSSAUD – Vocals
- Olivier BOUSQUET – Guitars
- Pierre-Yves MARANI – Guitars
- Arnaud PECOSTE – Bass
- Alsvid – Drums
- 500 copies limited edition DigiPak CD first print [XKR021CDLE]
- 262 hand-numbered copies limited edition 12″ vinyl LP (XKR021LPLE]
- Digital [XKR021D]
- 08-Feb-2019: DigiPak CD, 12″ LP & Digital
- All music by Olivier BOUSQUET
- All lyrics by Arnaud PECOSTE
- Drums recorded by Mathieu PASCAL at BUD studio
- Produced by Pierre-Yves MARANI at UBIK Mastering studio
- Artwork and layout by Neraath
- Executive Producer: Nicolas Williart for XENOKORP Records
- All songs published by ALIEN FORCES Publishing. Reproduced with kind permission.